


Wow. What a weekend. It consisted of swim lessons, basketball games, room rearrangin', sick kids, stock show cruisin', train & pony rides, and more. It ended at 9:00 last night with gum in someones hair. Here are the details:
Evan, Luke and Jack all have swim lessons on Saturday mornings. They go to SwimLabs, which is the most wonderful place on earth. There are three separate pools, each with no more than 4 kids per class. In the waiting room, parents can watch their kids swim on a private flat screen TV. The teachers will periodically place the cameras under the water, to capture a fully-submerged boy showing off for his Mama. Note to reader: This does not include Jack. He prefers to stay dry while swimming.
Evan is playing basketball, and LOVES it! He has a game every Saturday, and is a blast to watch. They have a great team this season! They all play well together, and have finally grasped the concept of passing the ball. Aside from oatmeal, coke & hot tamales, he is asking for a basketball hoop for his birthday.
The Frat Brothers decided at their last meeting that their room needed a new look. They informed of this last week, and Saturday night we made it happen. The Frat House looks fresh and new, and the brothers are happy.
Wes had a cold and gave it to Luke. Luke gave it to Logan. Logan Gave it to Jack. Whoever said siblings don't share? (I'm making Evan wash his hands to the extent that it just may be overkill. I don't care. One sick kid-I can handle. Two sick kids-still manageable. Three sick kids-one step closer to insanity. Four sick kids-checking myself in. Five sick kids-come visit me at the looney bin.)
Yesterday marked our annual visit to the National Western Stock Show. Unfortunately, one of us had to stay home with sick Logan and baby Wes (who is no longer sick, but too tiny to go). Being the wonderful husband that he is, Derek stayed home with the babes while I took the three oldest to romp around at the show. Dee and Papa go with us every year, and spoil the boys rotten. The boys enjoyed pony rides, train rides, & cotton candy galore. Rodeo? Animals? Cowboys? No thanks. More cotton candy, please.
Derek and I got everyone bathed and into bed. Ahhhhhh. Quiet.
For about two minutes.
Then Jack came into our bathroom with gum in his hair. His new horse (a stock show find) had gum in his mane. I did my best to ease it out with baby oil. Lack of sleep and lack of patience quickly set in. I reached for the scissors and took aim. Both Jack and his horse received a new hair cut. Don't ask me why he had gum in bed. I'm still trying to figure that out.
There you have it. Our weekend. Happy Monday, y'all!


2 comments:
Fun weekend! I always loved going to the stock show... I want to see pictures of the new arrangement in the frat.
Wow, the excitement just never ends at your house! Hope Jack likes his new haircut.
By the way, Rachael is on Jack's team for swimming. She also prefers to stay dry. Her idea of swimming is to splash her feet in the pool.
I second pictures of the frat house!
Post a Comment