Whew. A new year. EXCITING!!! Exhausting.
Please allow me to rant. Here's what I'm thinking.....
I'm siting here staring at the boxes (and boxes) of Christmas ornaments and decorations that are taking up my entire dining room. I swear I've heard tiny voices coming from there the last few days. "Put us back. Can anyone hear us? Put us back! We want to go home to our rafters, high in your garage, where we'll be safe from misuse and disfiguration at the hands of your wild boys for the next 11 months. Please, put us back." (yes, hon, that was a hint thrown in just for you. I do hear voices, but they have nothing to do with Christmas decorations. Most of them come from miscellaneous items at Target. They say, "Put us back, you don't need us. We don't want to go home with you!" Then I throw them into the cart in order to shut them up. I can only take so much.) ANYWAY... Christmas is, above all, my favorite holiday. However, there is nothing quite like the enjoyment I receive when the decorations are down, and our house looks normal again. Well, as normal as a house with six boys can look, right? Right.
Where is this post going? I'm not sure. As I'm writing this, Logan has gotten out of bed 4 times now. Luke is sitting by my side, talking a mile per minute, And I've gotten up to change poops twice. Are those cookies in the oven burning? Be right back.....
Today I made the mistake of buying a bag of conversation hearts for the boys. Now my children are asking me where our Valentine's decorations are, and why they are not up. I tried to explain to them that it's a bit early, but I failed miserably. I think we'll put our ONE Valentine's Day decoration up tomorrow.
Last night Evan told me I was 'Prettier than Mike Ditka." In case you don't know what he looks like, here's a picture. Gee...Thanks, Ev.
Tomorrow morning I'm getting my hair cut. If the weather holds, I think I may camp out in front of the salon tonight. I'm that excited. I usually tell her she missed a spot, or complain (over and over again) about a certain area, just so it takes longer. And I wonder why my hair grows so slowly.....We had an injury earlier in the week. Luke threw a book at Evan, causing one gusher of a nosebleed, and a possible broken nose. Poor Ev is pretty banged up. Our carpet in the front room resembles that of a crime scene. I'm doing my best, but this is some seriously-stubborn blood! Any suggestions?
Tonight is Friday Night Party Night and I have been reminded several times today that 'Friday Night Smackdown' will be the feature film. What ever happened to Lady And The Tramp, or The Wizard Of Oz? I'm so outnumbered. At least I get to pick the Friday night activity. I choose to go to Target to pick up the Epi-pens for Luke and Logan's newly-discovered nut allergy. (Did I mention they're also allergic to milk, soy, wheat, dogs and cats?)
I'm crossing my fingers they have their Valentine's stuff up and ready. Tonight, while my boys are busy learning new Smackdown moves, I'll be busy myself. Busy decorating for the next holiday. Valentine decorations their hearts desire-
Valentine decorations they shall receive.


5 comments:
Hope you Valentine decorating went well! :) I'm actually always a little sorry to take down my Christmas decorations because my house looks kind of undressed without them.
Some days I wonder what it's like to live with five boys... now I know exactly! I really really hope you enjoy your haircut and I think you should start going to the spa once a week, too.
For the blood stain, have you tried OxiClean? It's my favorite for blood because it works great even if the stain is a few days old.
Happy New Year!
I really enjoyed "catching up" with you and your wonderful gang! I don't know what you had to bribe them with to take that wonderful picture! And they all look so happy :)
Hope 2009 brings many more wonderful memories!
P.S. Suppernanny has NOTHING on you! You ROCK!!!
Amy,
That was a great Blog! I wish I could be there to add to the chaos in a way that only "uncle dec" can.
I agree with Dec, great post!!
oh my gosh, prettier than Mike Ditka was hilarious!!! hahaha, thanks.
Post a Comment