Allow me to explain-
I spent HOURS making a huge clock on the wall in the boys' room. After a fresh coat of lime green paint was applied (their choice of color), I wallpapered nice red numbers for the clock, making sure they were perfectly spaced and placed. The humongous clock was my attempt at an in-your-face approach to teach them how to tell time. Any kid who has to stare at an enormous clock every night while drifting to sleep will most certainly tell time before his classmates, right? Wrong. Here were my mistakes. I forgot to draw the little minute marks in between each number. I also forgot to draw a circle around it's entirety. Oh, and the most important thing I neglected - a sign at the top of the clock that would depict it as a 'High School Musical' clock! SILLY ME! Good thing Evan has my back.

So....back to my question. What would YOU do? Sell him to the gypsies? Ground him for all eternity? Enroll him in tutoring for spelling clock wrong? Yes, he did it with a sharpie. No, it won't wash off. I tried and it took the paint with it. I'm waiting for your advice. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.....



5 comments:
BEST BLOG EVER! Babe, how do you keep outdoing yourself? We're leaving the clock as is...kid art is the best.
oh gosh. didn't you post a blog about leaving things as they are? haha! I would just have him add the last C in clock and call it good. :)
What would I do? Past laughing hysterically and documenting it for the blog, you mean? I'm not sure. But don't you have a post on here on your "not so perfect" house? I'm just sayin', is all.
Threaten to send him to KY to clean up horse poo. There's probably LOTS. ;)
Awww, I would leave it AS IS. It is too cute and funny to do anything about. when he is a teenager he can look at what he did and laugh (ok, maybe when he's a parent, he'll laugh.)
You are so creative with the things you do, you are MY hero!
I'm laughing so hard (Dec, too) and am glad I don't have to decide what to do!
Post a Comment