Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'd Like To Know...

...What is YOUR routine?

I'm walking through my house today, wondering if I'm normal. Here's how our day works: We EAT, we PLAY, we CRAFT, we BAKE, etc., etc., etc.,.....we CREATE MESSES!!! Sometimes we clean up as we go, but most days, we're just having so much fun racing to the next item on our agenda, that we tend to SKIP the part where you're supposed to clean up. It all ties in with my post about my 'Not-So-Perfect' house. Before I know it, I will no longer have my precious boys to keep me company during the day, and I'm not about to waste my time with them doing something boring, such as cleaning. Where am I going with this? Oh yeah....if you ever come to our door between 4:00-5:00, I'm sure you will hear us inside, but please don't take offense if we don't answer. We're in here frantically picking up our messes. (Please stop by at another time.) You see, I'm pretty sure Derek doesn't realize how messy we get during the day, and I plan to keep it that way. I greet him at the door with 5 happy boys, dinner of some sort (most nights), and sparkling clean and organized home. He has no idea that things just got in order less than an hour ago.....and it was done in the most chaotic of fashions.

So PLEASE, tell me....Do you clean as you go, or do you do frantically tidy up one hour before the expected arrival of your husband? Hurry with your response, I've only got 1:55 minutes until I need to start cleaning....

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm a frantic cleaner. If I clean at all. And I'm a big fan of stuffing things into places where I don't think people will look, like under the bathroom cupboard or in the laundry room.

I wish I could clean as I go... I think it would be less stressful!

Happy cleaning!

Lorie said...

Another thing I totally admire about you, Aim!! I'd have to say I'm more of a clean as you go kind of person. I usually do big cleans during naptime and after bedtime.

I hope Derek knows how lucky he is - to be greeted with happy kids, a clean house and dinner?! I think Dec's thrilled if he gets even ONE of the three!!

declan said...

dont care if the house is clean,
dont care if the kids are happy,
dont care if dinner is ready,

Just want my family to be as happy to see me as I am to see them.

Aim, your old school, there are not many moms built like you anymore, derek is lucky and you should be proud!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I miss you and those boys, yep, all 6 of them.
I hope I get a group photo of my grandchildren for Christmas, one from Lorie and Dec, and one from Amy and Derek. That is all I need.
Love,
Pa/John/Dad

Celia Fae said...

Hi Amy. Thanks for saying hi. I think I've been here before. Five boys must be awesome.

I don't clean as I go, I make my kids do it a half hour before while I pretend I have a headache. They haven't caught on yet but it's coming.