Friday, March 20, 2009

Fabulous Friday!

It's Friday, which makes the day fabulous. The boys and I took a trip to the farm today to see the new baby lambs. We stood there gazing while a school group of about 30 kids commented on how cute they were. My children never uttered the word cute. Instead, they were quick to point out TO THE CROWD which lamb had the most poop on his fanny.
I swear. I can't take them anywhere.

We moved along the trail and found ourselves at the chicken coup, where a 'peacock couple' were dancing the mamba. The male fanned out his feathers and Jack shouted, "Hey Mom, know what he's saying?" "What, Jack?" I whispered (in an attempt to have him follow my lead). "He's tellin' da girl - OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE PWETTY!" Then Luke asked me why the girl peacocks look boring. To which I had no response. (No, Declan, I don't want to know your theory)

We had been there 10 minutes and Jack had to go to the bathroom. Being a MOM with two potty trained BOYS is no easy task. Although I was SO tempted to let him find a bush and go potty the old fashioned way (after all, we were on a farm), I resisted the urge and hurried all four boys inside to find the nearest bathroom. Once I found it, an employee stopped me and told me "a family bathroom would be better suited for my needs." She actually guarded the bathroom door and prevented me from entering while telling me how to get to the closest family bathroom. (Keep in mind that at this point, Jack is desperate. Through the glass doors, I can see the bushes and they're calling my name.) But, I reminded myself to set a good example for my sons and use the fricken family bathroom. As we trekked down the long hallway, I could hear the other Moms (who seemed to be meeting for their weekly playgroup gathering with their little girls) clapping in approval of the witch who refused to let a 3 year-old boy use the ladies room. OH, THE HORROR! They should be ashamed of themselves.

In case you're wondering, I think the word 'playgroup' also translates to:

A weekly gathering of local rude women who think their lives, clothing, strollers, sunglasses & children are perfect. A time to gather amongst other rude women and talk about how perfect your lives, clothing, strollers, sunglasses & children are. A time to point out and whisper about those who have lives, clothing, strollers, sunglasses & children LESS PERFECT than yours.

Moving on.....

I took some cute shots of my perfect children enjoying the farm, but they are on my less-than-perfect camera which is still unable to transfer my perfect pics to my perfect computer. I'll post them soon.

In the meantime, here are some Friday Flashback shots from March, 2006. Just look at these perfect children-

Perfect baby Jack

Perfect brothers (Jack and Luke)


Perfect friends (Luke and Evan)

Perfect mom with her perfect babes (Luke and Jack)


That's all for now. I'm off to find my perfect sunglasses and head to the bus stop.

Happy Friday Night Party Night!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute pictures! Your boys are so adorable.

A pox on any woman who won't let a little kid - regardless of gender - use the bathroom when they need to. Seriously.

And I guess I might have to retitle my weekly playgroup... except that we all do have perfect kids. (Ha ha ha!)

Happy Friday!

Ryan said...

Now I want to know Declan's theory...

declan said...

Well you know Normy....... It’s a little known fact that female peacocks look plain simply because they can. Like the modern-day woman, the female peacock has created a culture in which males will go to extreme lengths to lure a partner while the females pretend to take no-notice. The Females make no attempt to entice the males; instead they rest on their laurels, all the while laughing and making jokes at the poor, albeit pretty, males with their equally uninterested girlfriends. Yet, the males continue their useless displays because their hormone levels exceed their brain cells.

It is also theorized that the common phenomenon referred to as "metrosexualism" was adapted from male peacocks that tend to be more fashionable than their female counterparts. This is a sign of de-evolution and a strong caution that the female peacock phenomenon is dangerously being adapted by today's women. The only way to counter this plague is to show no interest in your female counterpart until the trend reverses itself. In other words, demand that we come home from work to see high-heels, lipstick and fresh-baked cookies, otherwise our beautiful feathers will remain tucked away…….