Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Freak Out...

While picking up toys, cheerios, socks and other lone items from under our TV stand, I discovered this:



I would have screamed, but I held it in as best I could. Waking two sleeping children would be far worse than coming face to face with a spider the size of a Volkswagen. The spider and I had a face-off for what seemed like hours. Neither one of us moved. I decided I had to take action. I blew on him to make sure he was alive. No movement. I blew harder. Still no movement. I grabbed a toy sword that just so happened to be lying beside me (we haven't a shortage of swords in this house). It took several attempts, and every ounce of courage, but I did it. I tapped him. What? No movement? Who could withstand a blow like that.


A plastic spider could.


The spider is history. Into the Goodwill bag he went. (Along with all other plastic creatures that may potentially cause me grief.) Now onto finding the boy who strategically hid him there.

HAPPY FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY NIGHT!!!

1 comment:

declan said...

Luke Duke! That would be my guess.