Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Sale (Will Deliver)

Logan is making me nutty. He climbs up and on EVERYTHING. Although he is my 4th son, I have never experienced inquisitiveness or determination like his.

Nothing is sacred to Logan.

Have you heard people joke about their kids hanging from chandeliers? Yesterday Logan swung on the light that hangs over our kitchen table.

If we forget to lock the pantry, this is what we find:



Look at the forensic evidence he left behind. As a mom, I can identify each of my boys' fingerprints with 100% accuracy. Those above are Logan's.

Could he at least go for the kid-friendly items located on the lower shelves? You stay away from the chocolate, and I promise not to touch your fruit snacks or fish crackers. Spare me the one thing that helps me make it through the day.

Today I've been cleaning like a mad woman. Scrubbing, dusting, polishing, disinfecting (you get the idea). Things were squeaky clean. I grabbed myself a vitamin water, and turned around to check out Wes on the baby monitor. One millisecond later, I heard a loud thud, followed by a splashing noise, followed by the sound of rain. Logan spilled my Vitamin Water, which landed right-side-up on the floor, shooting the remaining liquid like a rocket onto the ceiling, pot rack, and into Logan's hair. There I stood, silent. Where do I begin? As I scrubbed the sticky mess on my hands and knees, Logan walked up to me and pulled a barrette out of my hair (hair and all).

Here's the picture I'll post on CraigsList:


You're fooled, right? Although, he kind of looks like this:

I'm off to find a better picture.....

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that comparison of Logan to Jack Nicholson! Hilarious!

Send him over here. He can swing from the chandelier in the dining room... then maybe it will break and I can buy a new one. (The chandelier, of course.)

Never a dull moment at your house!

Anonymous said...

What on earth!! you can't see him!! I'll just take him for you!!! I am the godmother after all!!

Sorry he's being a handful!
Love you!

Melody said...

Girl, you crack me up. Want me to take him off of your hands (umm only for a few days though, I like my lights!) But he can come eat all of my chocolate, someone needs to before I put on another 10 pounds! He'd like that!