Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mommy Goes...Goth???

Want to go from being a natural blond all your life to a natural brunette? Have 5 kids. Childbirth comes with many permanent changes, but none as noticeable as what it does to your hair. With each pregnancy, my hair became darker, and darker, and darker. I came to the realization that I no longer had the money or time to stay blond. Being pregnant every year since 2000, except for 2002 (yes, that statistic IS correct), I haven't had much time to squeeze in a hair coloring. Now that my pregnancy days are over, I decided it was time to grab hold of my unruly locks and show them who's boss. It's nice to pretend you're in charge. So, no more rainbow of colors emerging from my scalp. I like to call my new color AUTUMN BROWN. Here are just a few of the comments I've heard from my adoring family....Bet you can't guess who said them!

'Wow....awesome! You look cool, Mommy!'

This child had no comment, but needed help picking his jaw off of the floor....

'Why your hair is black, Mommy?'

This child didn't even notice...or care...

'Are you going for a 'Goth' look? No matter what you do to your hair, I still love you'

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Luke. Logan. Jack. Wes. Evan.

I'll have to change my answers if Derek was involved...

And for the record, I think it looks great!

Amy said...

Evan. Jack. Luke. Logan. Pocky!

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Kristin said...

You have basically been pregnant or with a newborn baby for EIGHT years? My hat's off! You do whatever you want with your hair!!

I love the color, by the way... maybe I should try out brunette, too!

Lorie said...

Had I know an adult (esp. Pocky) was involved, I probably would've go it!

Again, it looks great!

Amy said...

Lorie-I should have given you a hint!

Kristen-Try Brunette! I am having much more fun than when I was blond...:)

Anonymous said...

Amy ,
You are a beauty. It doesn't matter what color of hair you have,unless maybe purple, you know what I mean:)

Love you,
Pat