
Yesterday my doorbell rang. Must be UPS, FRED EX (as my children call it), or a solicitor, I thought. As I walked to the door, Wes in my arms drinking a bottle, and three munchkins trailing behind, I noticed a car parked in my driveway. Who could it be? I thought to myself. My kids weren't quite as discreet. 'WHO'S HERE, MOMMY? They shrieked. As I opened the door, I was happy to see my friend, Lucy, who lives three houses up the street. In her arms, she cradled a box with six cans of formula for baby Wes. Lucy's daughter (Luke's best friend!), had fallen earlier that day, and they were on their way home from a Dr's visit. While Lucy was checking to see if her child had a concussion, she was kind enough to ask if they happened to have any Nutramagin samples to spare. Yes, while there for her injured daughter, she thought of us. Lucy's thoughtfulness means the world, and it made me think how lucky I am to have a friend like Lucy. When we have a 'Mom's night' with the neighbors, Lucy will bake a gluten-free appetizer just so I can have something to munch on. She will grocery shop and bring a cookie home for just for me. She invites Luke over to play....may not seem like a big deal, unless you know Luke..:) Lucy is thoughtful, kind, funny, inspiring and selfless. She is the type of person that after spending time with, you feel refreshed. The $100 in free formula sitting on my kitchen counter does not make me feel fortunate. The true fortune comes in having a person like Lucy to call my friend. I want Lucy to know how much I appreciate her. She is an amazing person and I wouldn't trade her friendship for the world.


3 comments:
What would we do without wonderful friends? I'm so grateful for the ones in my life! And I'm sure Lucy feels lucky for your friendship, too!
How cool. Lucy is the best.
Dee
What an amazing friend!!
Post a Comment