Thursday, February 11, 2010

I also LOVE...

I'll do almost anything to see my kids smile. Even if that 'anything' happens to be buying a pack of 74 balloons at Target. 74 dangerous, eerie, squeaky, annoying, choking/strangulation hazardous balloons. Few people know of my concealed dread when it comes to balloons. They terrify me. I don't like the way they feel, smell, sound, etc., etc. It's a very serious phobia. One that is extremely difficult to have with 5 small children. Balloons are everywhere. It seems that every place I go, someone is approaching my children with a free balloon. I have mastered the art of making eye contact with the advancing balloon giver as he or she becomes within seconds of reaching my children. I don't need words. My face tells all. Hand a balloon to any one of my children and you will suffer the consequences. I really don't like being snarky and rude, but I have limits and must live within them.
I HATE balloons.
(And I rarely use the H word.)

But....

Balloons make my kids laugh. They make them smile. They make them run around and jump in the air. They make them joyously romp with one another. That, I LOVE.

Balloons also make my boys play with my hair. OK, so having your head buffed with a balloon doesn't exactly fall into the same category as having your hair played with, but beggars can't be choosers. It still feels good....kinda.
LOVE = BALLOONS
Threatening, menacing, agitating, disturbing and troublesome balloons.

2 comments:

Your Man said...

You're all awesome!
Save a balloon for me.

What is 'snarky'?

declan said...

Do balloons also help Bogey go poopy? He is either really focused or really busy. I hate balloons too, must be genetic, ask Lorie.