Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No Explanation Needed.


(I'm jumping around a bit. I need to find the time to write part two of the last post. Trust me, you do need to read about what Logan did. I just can't seem to find more than 32 seconds these days. I'll post it....soon. Promise)

Luke begged me to make sugar cookies today. He didn't ask early this morning, he waited until an hour before school. It wasn't something I had planned on doing, and it certainly wasn't something I thought we would have time to complete. So we hustled. We gathered, measured, mixed, rolled and baked. And guess what? We even had time to decorate and EAT!

As Luke shoved the last morsel of his crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, dripping with frosting that is melting from the fresh-from-the-oven cookie into his mouth, he muttered this:

"MNNPFFF MOOKKY MMMASSTTESS MWWWWIKE MMMEESUS"

Translation-

"This cookie tastes just like Jesus. Jesus is SO very, very good, right Mom?"

My boys have taught me that the best things in life happen without an agenda.

You rock, Luke.

1 comment:

declan said...

still waiting for part two.......

no rush.