Monday, August 3, 2009

Where do I begin?

I was planning on blogging today about our lovely weekend and our family trip to the Cave Of The Winds. As a SAHM (stay at home mom), I am well-aware that I need to go with the flow. While I wake up each morning driven, ready and with a plan, things don't always go MY way. Take today, for example.....

The scene: We just got home from the car wash. It's a cheap activity/field trip that we don't even need to get out of the car for. Just roll your window down, hand the attendant $12.00 and drive on through. Yes, $12.00 is the most expensive wash, which also means it's the longest, thus taking the most time to get through. Are you catching on? Logan hates the car wash. It terrifies him. But, the look on his face as we drive through is very entertaining to the rest of the gang. I wouldn't want to spoil that, would I?

Jumping back on track.

So we're at home and I am painstakingly detailing the rims and tires of our suburban. You heard me.....DETAILING THE RIMS AND TIRES. I am a wonderful wife. I gave the boys each a scrub brush and a floor mat from the car to clean. Child labor laws went out the window and things were looking quite sparkly and clean.

Then it happened. Thing one and thing two began to fight. Next thing I knew, a water fight broke out and I had been doused with soapy water. What's even worse is the fact that my clean car had soapy water all along it's side. I immediately sent the guilty party into the garage to get a roll of paper towels to dry the car. I do not tolerate water spots and I'm not about to let $12.00 go down the drain. Inside the garage, a tug-of-war began....over a roll of paper towels and 'who found it first'.

Then something crashed to the floor. I glanced from the driveway (still detailing the tires) and made sure the crash did not involve a head, or any other form of injury. All was good. The guilty ones dried the car and we spent another 30 minutes cleaning.

We cleaned up our mess and headed into the garage. That's when I found this:



What's a mom to do?

Here's the lineup. Let me know who YOU think is guilty.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without hard evidence, such as traces of brown paint found at the scene on clothing or skin, I would have to say all you have is circumstantial evidence, and therefore must release all parties. Off the record though, suspect number two appears to be the ONLY one not indignant about having to appear in the line up. In fact, suspect number two seems to be rather enjoying the experience. I know that you and Derek are already sewing an ID number into Jack-Jack's clothing, but parents are usually the last to know. Hold on...upon further examination, suspects two AND three are hiding their hands. Perhaps further evidenciary investigation is warranted.

You will NEVER get a grand jury to endite. They are all just too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is the can? if you find the primary evidance then you can dust for finger prints. As far as suspects the two in the middle look suspicious to me. Jack-Jack looks like he has been through this before and it doesn't bother him, now the evil eyed boy what out...