At least to me it is.
I love to run my fingers through it's silkiness. I love how it flows halfway down his back when you wash it. I love, I love, I LOVE! But apparently, I am flying solo in this mullet love triangle. Derek has been pleading for weeks to give Wes his first haircut. I've ignored and refused his requests.
This weekend I took a family vote. Not just our little gang of 7, but a large pool of voters that included several members of our extended family.
The verdict was not in my favor.
Goodbye my sweet, silky baby mullet. I will miss you.



Look how excited he is! He has no idea what's about to come. Poor guy wasn't even granted a vote.

Not sure about the sound of the clippers. (Or the tears in mommy's eyes.)
The finished product. (I haven't seen the back of his neck since he was a newborn.)

It's a cute neck.
If you'd like, please tell me which style YOU prefer. Mullet baby or Jock baby? I'm anxiously awaiting your response.


6 comments:
Don't worry baby, we can always grow it out in time for his first WWE or Monster Jam event.
My boy is back!!
I think it was a good call to cut it. Of course this is coming from the mom who gives her babies their 1st haircut at 6 weeks...
I'd have to say the short jock style looks sharp but I don't like to cut hair at first either so I feel your pain! I like that he has a sucker to distract him too. :)
I also like the shorter look... but HATE the first haircut! I held off till the first birthday for both my boys (who had a bangs issue more than a mullet issue... like they really needed hair clips to keep it out of their eyes) out of principle if nothing else! My best friend's son is 18 months old and he's got a crazy mullet and she WILL NOT CUT IT because she loves it. So there you have it.
I agree with Derek - the Mullet had to go.
I'm glad to see my sister still has a sense of style, wish I could say the same for the rest of you who posted comments. Just because its not mainstream, doesn't mean it aint cool. I had a mullet up until the sixth grade (I think there was even a picture of it posted on this very blog at one time). Don't worry Wes, Uncle Dec will make sure this doesn't happen again. Aim, I wish I coulda been there to back you up when the vote went down, I would have Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked all those nay-sayers so hard the world would spin and their votes would have been reversed. By the way, Chuck Norris had a mullet.
Post a Comment