Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Picture this...

I hate, hate, hate to blog without a picture. You'll just have to use your imagination.

(PS-Hate is not a word that's allowed in our house. Ah, the dreaded 'H' word. However, seeing as my kids don't read my blog, I'm breaking the rules.)

Earlier today, Jack wound himself around, and around, and around until the swing would no longer wind. He counted to three and let go. I watched him spinning out of control until my stomach could no longer take the view. Once his ride was over, he stumbled like a drunken sailor and sat down next to me.

"You know what, mom?" He said. "If you spin very fast on your swing and then try to walk, it makes you really dusty."

"Dusty?" I asked. "You look clean to me."

Becoming easily agitated, he added-"NO, MOM! I don't mean dirty, I MEAN DUSTY! You know like when you swing, and swing, and swing and you try to walk but you fall over?"

"You mean dizzy?" I suggest.

"Yes, dizzy!" He said. And then he got up and sat by someone else.

The end.

No comments: