And the conversation earlier today went something like this:
"Littleton Fire Department, what's your emergency?"
"Um, well....it's not exactly an emergency...I mean I guess it is...um......my child locked me out of the car."
"So your child is locked inside your vehicle?"
"Yes."
"How old is he/she?"
"He's 2."
"That's good, maybe he can unlock the door for us. Go ahead and try to get him to unlock the car."
"I've been trying that."
"Great! Is he trying?"
"No, he's laughing at me."
"OK. Is he in any kind of danger or distress?"
"No, I think he likes it."
"What's he doing now?"
"He's eating his 7th piece of gum. He also ate my chapstick."
"OK, it doesn't sound like we'll get much help from him, I'll send the fire department right away."
"Thanks. Could you please tell them that sirens won't be necessary?"
"Will do."
Less than 5 minutes later, this was sitting in front of our house-

I heard them coming from miles away. thankfully, they were indeed very kind and turned their sirens off as they entered the hood. 3 of them tried for over 15 minutes to unlock our car and rescue my 2 young cubs. One was peacefully sleeping in his car seat, while the other was doing his best to explore everything that is usually OFF LIMITS. He knew his brief hiatus from parental control was rapidly coming to an end.
Despite their best efforts, our doors would not unlock (it's a long story). After 50 minutes, our drivers side door was pried open and my children were free.
Today I learned 2 valuable lessons:
Lesson 1~Never place your purse (and keys) inside the vehicle while you walk around to the other side to buckle your two year old. He's liable to grab your keyless entry and lock the car.
Lesson 2~Never buy coconut flavored chapstick again. It just tastes too damn good.


4 comments:
That's my boy!!! Heavens he is a little terror!!! God love him!!
Hope you have recouped by now!
Love you!
I seriously can't stop laughing! SO hard! It's just SO funny! Nice one, Bogie!!
Wow, you guys need on-star. you could have made it into one of those commercials!
Oh my heck. I have seen my future. Lesson learned. :)
Post a Comment