I feel the need to ramble. I have so many thoughts in my head.
Grab a chair. This could be a long one.
I need to start by sharing what Evan asked me at the dinner table last night. Derek and I had just finished talking about our day, and all of the things that came with it. Grumpy customers & upcoming meetings for Derek, chocolate milk spills & runny noses for me. "Mom?" Evan asked. "I have a question." "Ask away." I say. "Are you ever going to get a job?" (yes, he put extra emphasis on the word ever) I counted to ten (and took a deep breath) and explained to him in the sweetest 'mommy voice' ever heard that I do, in fact, have a job.
Speaking of counting, I think we need to cut back on the amount of wrestling that takes place in our home. It seems to be interfering with Logan's learning. For weeks I've been working with Logan on counting to ten. He is so close. He tends to get mixed up around number 8, skips number 9, and heads straight for 10. We were counting the other day and he abruptly stopped at 3. "One, two, three." I encouraged. "What comes after 3?"
His answer....."Ding, Ding, Ding!"
The boys bring me flowers each and every day. They have picked all the daffodils from our back yard and have moved on to the dandelions. Weed or flower, I treasure them all.
Mother's Day is Sunday. I can't believe how quickly the months pass by. Sometimes I wish I could put the brakes on. As of yet, we have no firm plans, but a family hike sounds great to me. I don't need any gifts, because I have everything I could ever want and more. I have a wonderful husband and the best 5 boys IN THE WORLD. It's truly an honor to be their mom.
(Photo booth...gotta love it.)
To my mom, thanks for everything you do. I didn't start my job as a mom with a blank slate. Some might even say I had an unfair advantage. I had the privilege of learning from the best of the best. Happy early Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.
To ALL the mom's out there~HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! (may you all find a job)PS-About the no gift thing I mentioned. Perhaps a ceramic cookie jar for my counter would be nice. I have my sights set on a few. Questions? See me....


1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day Amy! I hope you get a cute cookie jar.
And here's to never getting a "real" job... it's way overrated. :)
Post a Comment