Monday, May 4, 2009

An EGGceptional Analogy

Luke (my chef in training) is helping me make meatloaf.

As he is mixing all of the ingredients, I look over his shoulder every few minutes. You know, just to make sure the Lego guy he's holding in his left hand doesn't accidentally make his way into our meal.

After he mixes for roughly two minutes, I peer over for (what should be) the last time.

I notice 4 completely intact eggs. We're making a double batch. It's what you eat when you're poor. Anyway, here's the conversation that took place during my hoovering.

Me-Luke, you need to squash up those eggs.

Luke-What does squash mean?

Me-You know, like break them up.

Luke-Huh?

Me-Smash them, Luke.

Luke-(silently examining the eggs for more than one minute) Oh, I get it! You mean I should DEFEAT them?!

Me-Huh? Uhhhh....yes, Luke, defeat the eggs. Do whatever it takes.

Luke-OOOH.....POW....UGH.....BLAM....HA! I defeated you!

Twenty seconds (and several sound effects) later, all four eggs were completely defeated, and our meatloaf is complete.

3 comments:

declan said...

thats one of the best I've heard in a long time!

Lorie said...

Love the sound effects!

Meatloaf is on our menu tonight, too!

Kristin said...

Ha ha! We have never had "defeated" eggs before... maybe we will try them.