Monday, December 1, 2008

There's A Vacancy At The Inn...

Lately I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for the inevitable - The second eviction in less than two weeks. Wes is almost four months old, and way to big for his bassinet. He doesn't sleep well in our room. The lights, the TV, the disturbance of his brothers wandering aimlessly into our room, for no apparent reason, other than the warmth and coziness that only Mommy's bed can provide. He needs to move out. Not clear out of the house, just down the hall. I'm not ready. Today I put the baby monitor in his 'big boy' room, and changed the crib sheets. (My other baby, Logan, now sleeps in the frat house with his brothers in a big boy bed. Yes, he's only 17 months old, and yes, he stays put. All this growing up has Mommy wanting another baby.....NOT REALLY!!!! OK, that was a bad joke, but you get the idea, right? Anyway, I put Wes down for a nap in his crib for the first time today. He was wide awake as I walked out of the room. I stood outside the door and listened to the sounds of him cooing himself to sleep. What? He didn't need me? This can't be. I raced downstairs to 'view' him on the monitor. There he was, fast asleep. Tonight I will reluctantly allow him to sleep in his own room. Tomorrow...I'll let you know how it went.


2 comments:

Lorie said...

Here's hoping you have a restful night!!

declan said...

I can't believe that Logan is staying put in his bed. All this talk about him being a stinker is so blown out of proportion. Ryan is still in crib, and will be for the foreseeable future. It is going to be complete pandemonium when we put him in his big boy bed. Seriously, bedlam. I'm scared....