I know you are all on pins and needles wondering how Wes did in his own room.
Relax, here is your answer.
I put him in his crib and, like yesterday, he fell fast asleep. Too easy. Then I made myself a cup of Candy Cane Lane tea (my latest addiction), grabbed a stack of magazine ads, the laptop, and headed up to my bed. I was intent on completing my Christmas shopping via the internet and taking advantage of Cyber Monday. As I took my first sip of tea, and logged on to AOL, I heard a clatter coming from his room. Could it be? Only 20 minutes of sleep and he's already awake? Nah. I checked the monitor and saw two tiny legs in a very large crib kicking and thrashing about. He NEEDS me. My baby needs me. I tried to get him back to sleep, honest, I did. I put him on our bed. He continued to thrash and fuss. I placed him back into his bassinet. The place he calls home. He was asleep in less than 10 minutes. All of my other boys were sleeping in a big boy crib at 3 months or earlier for some. As I pondered this morning I had a revelation - Wes is not in the same bassinet as they were. And the manufacturers guidelines on Wes' bed clearly state it is made for babies ages birth - 5 Months.
BLAM! There it is! He still has 43 days as Mommy's favorite roommate.
(My apologies to Derek)


3 comments:
LOL, us mommies LOVE it when our babies can remain babies for a little bit longer!
Here's to a happy 43 days to you and Wes!
Glad to hear he's still his mommy's baby. Tell Derek it won't last forever. ;)
It's the same reason Ry is still in a crib - he's just a baby! He can't sleep in a big boy bed!! I'm thinking by the time he's 16 we'll make the transistion!
Post a Comment