Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's a Cruel World...

Driving home last night, Luke received the letdown of a lifetime. Due to road construction, we took a different way home. It was dark, and Luke saw glimpses of a beautiful white building, all lit up getting closer and closer.
"I see it!" He screamed with excitement. "We're getting closer...we're almost there!" "Are we going there?" He asked.
"Going where?" We responded.
"To Disneyland! I see it out my window!"
By this time, Derek and I knew we were facing a difficult task. Poor Luke needed to be let down ever so gently. We decided to give it to him straight up.......

"That's not Disneyland, Lukey. It's the Mormon church."

As a parent, I have a few words for the architect......

***FYI-The church above is the Temple in Salt Lake City. However, it looks a lot like the one we passed the other night.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha ha! The LDS Temple as Disneyland... that's pretty good.

FYI, the Salt Lake Temple was built starting 1847 and opened in 1893; Disneyland opened in 1971. So now you know which architect to reprimand! :o)

Was the temple you passed on University Blvd? Ryan and I were married there... (it opened in 1986)
http://www.lds.org/temples/main/0,11204,1912-1-76-1,00.html

Amy said...

Kristen-I knew history would bite me in the fanny on that post, but it was too good not to share! :) The temple we passed was off of county line road, tucked back in a neighborhood near southglenn mall. Thanks for the info! :)

Kristin said...

And still funny that he thought it was Disneyland! :o)

Lorie said...

LOL! Too funny, Luke!