
I found this letter in a box of pictures given to me by my grandma.
15 Feb. '71
Dear Mom,
I got the package with the goodies and sheets. Thanks a million. My bed looks beautiful now. It is almost like being at home. I hope I can get together with Dan and send a box home full of souvenirs and little gifts for the family.
I will wait to listen to the tape till Dan can hear it with me. The day after tomorrow we should get together again.
The weather was great yesterday. It changed for the worst today with rain and wind.
I saw Captain Lee today for the first time since graduation of flight school. He seems fine and is flying CH-47's (chinooks). I am scheduling officer for the daily flights and will try to get a bird for both of us so we can fly again together. Maybe I can get some chinook time.
I got a package last week from Bob Malecki, remember him? He skipped the bus so he could see me at graduation.
Well, I gotta go. See you all in 9 months and a few days.
Love to all,
John
PS-Capt. Lee is stationed at Phu Bai also.
Happy Veteran's Day, Dad! I love you!


2 comments:
Yep, I appreciate what your Dad did for our country. The bravest hero!
I love you too honey! Thanks for the special Veteran's Day posting. What a long time ago. Still remember it like it was yesterday. Maybe I am not aging?
Love to all,
Dad
Post a Comment