Before we start, I have to make something clear. The title of today's post must not be confused with the "I'm baaaaaack" eerily spoken by Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Please refer to the song Back In The Saddle (Aerosmith) as you read this post. Perhaps the lyrics will move from my head to yours. Thank you.
I'm apologizing from the get-go. I feel as though my thoughts (and as a result, my writing) are dull and boring. My birthday was last week and my creative flair seems to have left along with the number 33. Bummer.
The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Dec, Lorie, Braden & Ryan came to town and we had a wonderful time with them. Our house was bustling with 7 little boys who kept us very busy. We took two day trips while they were here, one to Grand Lake (fishing at Uncle Big Dan's house) and the other to Estes Park (shopping and eating purposes only). It's hard to believe that their Colorado visit is already over and that we'll have to wait forever until we see them again.
Side note: I just looked down at Wes and noticed he's wearing a pair of handcuffs. Do I stop blogging? Do I take a picture to show you? They're actually keeping him quite intrigued. I'll keep typing.....
My Dad came for one night and the boys were super-excited to see him. It's almost been a year since we've seen him - way too long! We're planning on heading to his house this weekend. Have I mentioned before that EVERY time we're there we encounter a bear? Sometimes they're on the hill watching us. Other times they're on the front porch (mama and her two cubs) sorting through the dirty diapers to get the good trash. I could really do without the anxiety this brings.
Today Derek and I took Evan & Luke to meet their teachers. School starts on Wednesday. They got a whopping 10 day break in between school years. Oh how I loath year-round school.
Just as I'm getting into my blogging groove, I'm noticing it's time to start dinner. You know my routine. I've got 10 minutes until Derek gets home and things need to be Cleaverish before he arrives. Not for him, but entirely for me. It's how I like it. It's just how I roll.
Thanks for reading. Hope I didn't bore you. I'm off to grab my apron.
PS-I'm shouting out to my peeps at US Airways. To Lisa and any of my other loyal readers - thanks for making me feel wanted!


2 comments:
You are very welcome!
BTW what happen with Wes and the handcuffs? Did he escape Alcatraz?
Ashley -AKA.. Another US Air Peep
Hi Ashley!
Yes, I finally let Wes out of baby jail. It was nice to have him somewhat contained for a few minutes, I cannot tell a lie.
:) Amy
Post a Comment