Friday, September 26, 2008

SKELETONS AND SNOW CONES!!

If you know my boys, you know they live from holiday to holiday. They, like their Mother, thrive on decorating the house. At any given holiday, our house could easily be mistaken for the inside of a Walmart store. I'd say we go most crazy with Halloween. We do our best to hold off on decorating until October 1st, just so we don't annoy the neighbors. Today, Evan is out of school, so I promised the boys we'd start decorating - a few days early won't hurt, right? The problem is, it's almost 80 degrees, and the projected forecast indicates it will only get hotter. It just doesn't feel right decorating when it's so warm. I'm a Colorado girl. I need rain, sleet, snow, ice, dark clouds, warm blankets, roaring fires, snow days, snowmen, snowballs, and all else that some may consider 'gloomy'. So for now, our Halloween decorations must wait tucked away inside the boxes where they've been held unfairly captive for the past year. To bring them out in this weather would be unjust. As I broke the news to my Monster Mash-humming boys, I had to be creative and come up with a 'peace offering' back up plan....
Hmmm.....Snow cones, anyone?


I'm sure my neighbors appreciate the decorating delay....

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Amy you are the best mom EVER! Want to adopt me and Rachael? We looove holidays too!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my boys in Highlands Ranch. Will see Amy, Derek, Evan, Luke and Jack in about 17 days. Yipee!

Pa/John