



This week was not unlike any ordinary week in the Olivas household. Placed high on our kitchen shelf, Luke tended to his bugs. This week, he successfully hatched over 400 (yes, 400) baby praying mantis's. Just in the last few weeks alone, Luke has hatched ladybugs & butterflies as well. Luke is in constant search of insects, spiders, or anything else we adults may refer to as PESTS! Luke needs to have his pockets checked for contraband on a regular basis. (I do my best to hide my fear of these critters from Luke.) He is the only kid I know who can pick up a stinkbug and thoroughly inspect it without getting sprayed. He keeps all of his specimens long enough to learn from them, and then returns them to their respectful homes. "Go feed your babies!" He says.
Look out, Jeff Corwin! You've got serious competition!


2 comments:
I wish he could have had one of my tomato worms last year, he would have loved it! You should plant some just to lure some in for him! They look like giant pre-historic worms.
Amy,
I love your blog -keep it up! Great pictures!!! I can't believe how big the kids are! We did the praying mantis thing last year, don't worry they eat eachother up pretty quickly. This year was our butterfly hatching and tadpole year. Gross stuff! Don't tell the kids I said so though!
I'll check back often - Tell Derek Hi!
p.s. The nice thing about our living far away from family is that they can't see all the mistakes we make along the way...unless of course I blog about them.
Post a Comment