Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sickness sucks.


Hi. It's me, Wes.

I'm sick. I have a fever of 104 degrees. Two days ago, I was standing on my own and taking my first steps. Today I can barely muster up enough energy to crawl. I woke up every 45 minutes last night....just to make sure mom and dad weren't sleeping too deeply. My brothers are worried about me and keep making weird faces at me while sticking their fingers up their noses. I am not amused. Has anyone in this house ever heard of the term PERSONAL SPACE?

Today mom gave me a bath ALL BY MYSELF! That hasn't happened since.....since.....crap, I don't think I've EVER had the privilege of bathing alone. My brothers were gazing over the edge of the tub with jealousy and admiration. I just looked at them and stuck my finger in my nose. It was blissful.

Mom is her usual OCD self and is checking my temperature every 15 minutes. She purchased an APP for me on her iPhone called 'Phony Phone' which is the only thing that currently interests me. Food? Yuck. Milk? No thank you. I'm doing my best to take small bites and sips here and there so my parents don't freak out and take me to the ER. The swine flu is coming and the ER is the LAST place I want to be.

Mom did catch me crawling into the dishwasher this morning as she tried to clean up the breakfast tornado my big brothers created.

This afternoon, she found me opening the bathroom door and stepping softly inside to play in the potty for a while.

Slowly but surely, I'll be back to my normal self. Thanks for listening.
Love,
Wes

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Poor guy! Get better soon!